Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Just A Minute...

So, I've determined how many hours per day, at best, I have to actually forward my writing career. On a good day, it is 5 hours. What do I do with that time?

Two hours in the morning, 5 - 7 am, butt in the chair, new words on the page. Editing doesn't count.

Two hours in the afternoon, editing, researching, reading.

An hour at night, blogging, surfing, researching.

So, 120 minutes a day, at best, putting words on the page. Considering my moderate typing and thinking speed, perhaps 1,000 - 1,500 words a day. Now I know, from a clear eyed, black and white, hard numbers, brass tacks point of view, what I can do.

Now, what do I work on?

2 Comments:

Blogger Alphabeter said...

Where did you find all that time and how do I get some?

May 3, 2006 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

1. Paid dues by supporting spouse and family for many years.

2. Reaped dividend by staying home with young child when spouse went back to work.

3. Remind self several times a day how lucky I am and if I have any sense I had better make the most of this opportunity.

May 3, 2006 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home