Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Jeer

I have come across two MySpace pages that don't look like the internet threw up in my browser.

The first one is the Liars' League, a non-paying online zine with a twist. Each month features a theme for which stories are solicited. If selected, the story is posted in the blog and read before a live audience by an actor.

The theme for December is 'Santa and Satan'. I seem to have hit a groove with twisted holiday stories. Last year I had a couple accepted, and now "Sour Notes" has been performed by the Liars' League.

[EDIT: The full text is up, click here to read it. ]
The full text story is not up yet. The brilliant performance by actor Steven Wedd can be heard at Liars' League Listen. If that link goes away later, the mp3 file can also be downloaded from my website.

The second MySpace page I like is by a group called The Slighted out in Los Angeles. I could be biased on that one since my sister plays drums for the band.

Best wishes for the holidays and a wonderful new year!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your sister is bad ass!

December 18, 2007 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

DD!

Yeah, she's talented; way cooler than me.

December 18, 2007 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

MySpace is where I start feeling like an old man. Way too busy, no real structure, and the thing starts playing at me without me asking it to (personal pet peeve). But I love the name and the idea. i'll have to look at it at home where I can take the time to go through it.

December 18, 2007 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Yes, neither the story nor the music is cubicle friendly.

December 18, 2007 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

It's the intrusive sound aspect which turns me off to MySpace in general, too. That and all the black pages with red lettering and flames (?).

Merry Holiday!

December 25, 2007 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Oh, and congratulations!

December 25, 2007 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Thanks Camille. And a merry merry to you as well!

December 26, 2007 at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home