Monday, August 27, 2007

Last Chance ...


Feels like I have flogged this contest forever. It has been several months of my exhorting everyone to Read! Read! Read!

In that time period I myself have gotten through about a book a week. But those don't count towards the charitable donation. Only books read by you all do!

[Puts fundraiser hat on] Yes, the total is up to $47 as of today. That is great, more than I could have hoped for. Did you notice how close to $50 it is? $50 is a nice number, isn't it?

Just think of all the things that libraries have done for you in your lifetime. I'm sure of all the people who have participated so far, there will be three more books read by the end of this Friday.

That would be great! Yes, that nice round number of $50. Yes, three more, that's nothing. How about 8 more?

8 Comments:

Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Yessir! On it!

August 27, 2007 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Been getting things half read and starting other things, but I'm almost done with Atrocity Archive.

August 27, 2007 at 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading three books right now! I guess the key is finishing them (and notifying you) by 11:59 pm Friday.

I have my orders. Who else is with me?

August 28, 2007 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

You all rock.

August 28, 2007 at 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In spite of the new job seriously cutting into my reading time, I feel certain I did my part.

Woohoo!

No chance in hell I'll finish the current read by midnite, so I'm done.

-Nathan

August 31, 2007 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Nathan, you led the pack.

Just waiting for the results from the left coast now. It's too close to call ...

August 31, 2007 at 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling like Kelsey Grammar at Emmy time.

**blush**

-Nathan

September 1, 2007 at 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I finished the week the same way ... still reading three books at the same time.

So close, yet so far away.

I enjoyed the countdown, even better than New Year's Eve.

Thanks for a cool contest, and thanks to all my friends for playing!

September 1, 2007 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home