Monday, September 18, 2006

Good Nights ...

Despite spectacular success in my writing career, it just isn't paying the bills at the moment. Back to work a few nights a week.

Early mornings are the best time for me to write. However, getting home at one or two in the morning makes it hard to get up at five. Nevermind maintaining anything close to a smile or a courteous word during the day.

I'm going to try shifting fully to night writing to keep my mind an body on a single schedule. If this blog post is any indicator, it will be a battle to be creative and motivated after 9pm. Maybe I just need a nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Back to work? Pooh on paying jobs! When I worked nights, my most energentic moments were soon after clock-out, so I recommend using the quiet after-hours, and making your old up-time your new down-time. Kinda hard with a child in the house to be looked after, but isn't she in school now? Mmmm...sleepytime.

Don't fight your natural inclinations. I've tried night writing, and I can't do it. You're my hero if you can change. I'm a 6-9am gal myself. Oh, what a life, a three hour day that pays $0.0001 an hour!

September 20, 2006 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

I think it's going to be tough. I'm pretty fried after 9pm. I may have to make do with the 2 hours kindergarten gives me each day.

I've thought about tracking total time for a story and the resulting hourly wage, but thought it would be way, way too depressing. $.0001 an hour doesn't sound too bad...

September 22, 2006 at 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home