Sunday, September 02, 2007

You Are All Winners ...

The Summer Reading Program succeeded far beyond my expectations. I'd bet you all would have read those books anyway. You were good sports to keep submitting those titles, enduring the repeated auto-reply messages, all for a good cause. [sniff] You guys rock!

Eight participants read 52 books over 75 days! That's awesome! As a result, I will cut a check for $52 and send it to the Kiowa County Library in Greensburg, Kansas which was leveled this year by a tornado.

Again, you all rocked!

As determined by a random selection (names in a hat) the winner of the grand prize package for the First Annual Todd-Wheeler.com Summer Reading Program is:

Steve!

He knows which Steve he is.

But wait! There's more!

I would be remiss for not mentioning one individual who sacrificed so much for the cause. For reading 14 books, the most by any participant and comprising a whopping 27% of the total, not to mention the only one to have finished that damn Potter book by the deadline, congratulations go to Nathan!

For his efforts, Nathan will get a prize package of a bookmark, pencil, and pen from the wonderful gift shop at the Federal Bureau of Printing and Engraving. Yes, I got a lot out of that trip to D.C.

Thanks again, truly and sincerely. I had a lot of fun.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outrage! Outrage, I say!

You mean I misread the rules and this was a RANDOM drawing? I only get a consolation prize for reading all those books?

Guys, I'm kidding. In fact, to celebrate my utter DOMINATION of the contest, I'm donating $27 myself in honor of my 27% of the total. That brings your contest proceeds up to almost 80 bucks, Todd.

Good going!

-Nathan

And yes, I'm a sad excuse for a human being looking at my blogs on a holiday Sunday morning.

September 2, 2007 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Yeah, Nathan. Wait, this is Sunday? What am I doing on line, oh yeah. Yeah contests, yeah prizes. Yeah reading and yeah libraries!

September 2, 2007 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Good job!

September 3, 2007 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Nathan, you are very kind and generous. Thank you!

I hope you all know it was never my intent to encourage anyone to follow my lead in making a donation. If anyone decides they have the interest and the means, I thank you.

September 3, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home