Monday, November 06, 2006

Tag And Bag ...

I've been tagged and now I must comply otherwise face some horrible fate like seven years of blogger hell. Where was 'safety' anyway so I could have avoided this? And when did the term for 'safety' become 'base'? And when will I get on with it and just type five 'interesting' things about myself?

1. I have a scar on my upper right cheek from falling on the jagged stump of a metal fence pipe when I was 11 years old. At the time I thought it was kind of cool because G.I. Joe had a scar in the same place.

2. Some of my favorite bands: Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Husker Du, Minor Threat ... Yeah, I had a skateboard as well.

3. On occasion I have been known to smoke a cigar or two. They're all the same to me, except for those Cubans one evening in old town Montreal with a clear sky and nice breeze coming off the St. Lawrence river.

(Jeez, two more?!)

4. Brushes with fame: Delivered a case of scotch to John Kenneth Galbraith, once saw Steven Tyler at a craft fair, and recently had a meal prepared by celebrity chef Ming Tsai (okay it was at his restaurant and I don't really know if he cooked it but he was there that night.)

5. One day after buying our first (and so far only) house I had to cut a hole in the side of it. The ink wasn't even dry on the check to the bank and here I am with a drill and keyhole saw (e.g. sawing by hand) gouging the siding into a rough circle because the first owner thought it wasn't necessary to vent the clothes dryer to the outside (which explained the lint all over the basement wall.) Happy to report I can now fix anything in the house, with the right tools even.

And now I suppose I have to tag someone else or else break the sacred chain and spend another thirteen years in blogger hell. And this is a problem because there's only one other blogger who even reads the piffle I throw up here and she's the one responsible for this (thanks Cheryl!) And when am I going to stop whining and just tag some random person on my bookmark list like Maia. Maybe she won't notice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Steven Tyler at a craft fair? I never would think to look for him there! hahahaha...was he looking at the knit caps, or the black velvet clown paintings?

Sorry to throw you into hell...I knew you were the only un-tagged one that visits with any regularity.

November 7, 2006 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

No, it was either the stained glass sun catchers or the wood bouy lamp base.

S'alright. I doth complain too much. It was fun.

November 7, 2006 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Maia Sepp said...

Never link to a geek, Todd. We know everything to do with the cyber world!

Now, off to make myself seem interesting....

:)

November 7, 2006 at 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it, too. I met the astronaut Edgar Mitchell at a party in Palm Beach. I have met some other "famous" people, but I thought it was an honor to shake the hand of the man who walked on the moon.--Chris -- from Writers group

November 7, 2006 at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home