Friday, September 21, 2007

Twist And ...


Welcome to the Friday shout-out edition (yeah, I didn't know I had such a thing either until today).

Kudos to Cheryl Mills for sticking to her guns and not down-submitting her story to a non-paying market.

Congrats to Jonathan Gillespie whose story Eee (which I had the pleasure of critiquing, or as it were, not critiquing since it was written so well) can now be read at Afterburn SF.

A big 'Hey, Cool' to TVTropes.org (via SF Signal) of many, many, many SF plot devices to avoid.

And finally, a hearty 'You Go, Grrrl' to DD. Thanks for reading the blog and good luck on your new adventure. As the old, French-Canadian retail saying goes: May your gun never jam, may the box be well organized, and may you never get the taxable order.

9 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Ah, the well establish shout-out edition. Glad to see it back in operation again.

Yeah, Cheryl, yeah Jonathan, and yeah for whatever DD is doing.

September 21, 2007 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Some Turkey City Lexicon stuff in your SF Tropes.

September 21, 2007 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

So what I linked to is a trope of tropes?

Found the lexicon at SFWA. Or at least a version of it.

September 21, 2007 at 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch, Todd, for the shout-out. It is much appreciated. And if you have a banner for your site, hurl it in my general direction and I'll slap it in my "plugs" section.

September 23, 2007 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

My pleasure, Jonathan. Thanks for stopping by.

Banners? My goodness, I'm lucky to even get a post up once a week, never mind banners. :-)

September 24, 2007 at 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally off topic, but I got home this weekend to find my nifty prizes from the summer reading contest.

Excellent swag.

Nathan

September 24, 2007 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Cool! Glad it arrived safe and sound, Nathan.

September 26, 2007 at 6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delayed thanks this is! I hope all is fantastic in Mass. Be careful, this little comment may open the door to many more. Have you seen Across the Universe yet?

October 11, 2007 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Well, hey there Ms. DD! How are you?

You are more than welcome to make any comments, especially if they tell me what-for.

I've added Across the Universe to the Netflix thingy. Thanks for reminding me.

Send an e-mail if you have time. I'd love to hear more about your trip.

October 12, 2007 at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home