Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Party In My Mind ...

Last Book Read: Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

There's a party in my mind. Just remains to make it real.

As earlier reported, one of my stories was selected for the anthology Sporty Spec: Games of the Fantastic. Since I could not attend the west coast launch, I offered to organize the east coast launch.

If you happen to be in the Boston area on December 2nd, please stop by Pandemonium Books in Cambridge between 3:00 and 6:00 pm. It'll be a grand time!

If you forget, no worries. I'm sure I'll be mentioning it again (and again and again) as the date approaches.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Excellent. I can't make either, but I hope you have a great time, Todd.

Also, how did you like Anansi Boys? To me it wasn't as good as American Gods but it was a good enough romp that I have the hard cover and the audio book (the reader does a great job with Anansi's voice, IMHO).

October 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

I liked it very much. Couldn't put it down. Didn't realize it was a bit of a spin-off from American Gods until the end.

And you say American Gods is better? I'll have to read it now.

October 24, 2007 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Nope. Sorry to disagree with Steve, but American Gods doesn't hold a candle to Anansi Boys. Not even a stubby little candle with no wick.

October 28, 2007 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Not even stubbly, bubbly black and white penguin candles?

October 29, 2007 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Maybe those.

October 29, 2007 at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home