Friday, October 05, 2007

Gol! Gol! Gol! ...


Time to dissect the goals for the quarter just past and set new ones.

-Edit, polish, agonize over, edit again, and submit TWO short stories.
Okay, I cheated a little on this one. I polished, agonized, and edited two short stories. I submitted one (which was bounced from the publication's e-mail box; nice going guys) and the other I 'published' on my web site. So, I'm counting it.

-Continue process for new novel, preparing for NaNoWriMo in November.
Yep! Completed a lot of research. Created an outline. Wrote character sketches. Just a few more steps left.

-Pull 'Chasing Midnight' (CM) out of the compost and see if it is nutritious humus or just worm food.
Looks good. Did an outline after the fact and I think I see some places where I can expand on it.

So, for Q2 of '08:

- Submit two short stories (the one above and another that was recently rejected by one of the big pro-paying print magazines).

- Write a novel! In a month!

- Edit and polish CM. Send queries to agents. Accept multi-million dollar advance.

Oh wait. How silly of me. I can't control how soon that multi-million dollar advance will happen. It could be in Q3.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Always good to have a plan. Good luck with the multi-million dollar thing. :)

October 5, 2007 at 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe...I am soooo looking forward to nano. If only I can finish all eleven of these short projects I have planned for October.

I have 1/5 of 1 of them complete!

October 5, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Tell you what, Steve. If I get that contract by the end of calendar year 2007, I'll split it with you.

October 5, 2007 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Okay, Cheryl. That's 54/5 over the next 25 days ... 2.16/5 per day!

No problem.

October 5, 2007 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home