Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Words: 10,173

Wow, add up a few days and it looks rather impressive. Add up 24 days and it becomes a winner.

I broke the 50k barrier and thus succeeded in the NaNoWriMo challenge. I am way behind on my personal goal of writing 100k this month. On the bright side, I'm only half-way through the novel, so 100k looks not only possible, but spectacular. Just need to keep the pressure on somehow.

In honor of the win and because I haven't posted in a while, here is a triple dose of characters.

Chuckie befriends Steve at Garbageland. Right out of Southie, Chuckie means well, but tends to get into minor scrapes, pulling Steve in with him.



Curtis Waggstaff is the head honcho, the big cheese, numero uno. He just looks due for a whuppin', don't he?



Finally, Inez, the last of the major characters. She also befriends Steve (very, very close friend, wink wink nudge nudge say no more) and will be the key to solving the whole damn mess I've created.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Yeah! Congrats on passing 50K!

November 25, 2007 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Rock on!

November 25, 2007 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

:-)

November 26, 2007 at 6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on Winning the NaNoWriMo!

You are an inspiration!

I can't wait to read your draft ... and yeah, I want a first draft, bud.

November 26, 2007 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

You got it, Rick.

Guess I have to finish it first.

November 26, 2007 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home