Friday, November 16, 2007

Days 14 & 15

Coping Strategy #2: Writing Buddies
Words: 0

Took 2 days off to try and send this cold back under the damp, foetid rock from which it emerged to wreak its puny yet annoying wrath upon humanity.

Seems to have worked okay. Word count has suffered and a big push is needed this weekend. Fortunately, I think I have some time available.

One aspect that I enjoy a great deal about NaNoWriMo is the community. Sure, I could take my time, write a book over five or six months, but I'd be lacking thousands of people doing the same thing at the exact same time. People worldwide who are around 24 hours a day. People who live locally from varied backgrounds, sometimes in situations similar to mine.

Today (Friday morning that is) I'm off to a nearby B&N to meet up with some NaNo-ers, a few stay-at-home-fathers and a writing buddy I haven't seen in some time. I may be writing longhand (no laptop), but I'll be writing, with fellow writers at my side and I at theirs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Hope you feel better soon. Have fun with the writing group. I felt that beign in a group would be distracting, but when I went to a retreat this year I was able to get out a lot of words and have a fun time.

November 16, 2007 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Thanks Steve. Twas a good thing. Writerly misery loves good company.

November 17, 2007 at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home