Sunday, February 18, 2007

Post Kon Blues ...

I remember this feeling from my previous career. Three or four days in Wonderland, talking with like minded folks about obscure things in a language that few understand, or even want to understand.

And then, too quick, it's time to say goodbye. Goodbye nice people.

Hello Monday.

I had a great time at Boskone. Many pages of notes will get posted. For now, thanks are due to several people.

Thanks to Tobias Buckell, a very nice person, who to my amazement, recognized my name from a scant three or four posts on his blog.

A thank you to Elaine Isaak, just for being a friendly face at random panels we both attended.

To the Birch Bar Crew: Beth, Game Master-S, and Jessica. You all rock.

And, not least but most, Ms. LBB. Thanks friend.

And now, to battle with the Google/Blogger monster. I am told I must submit and be absorbed into the new and improved. Wish me luck. From what I hear, I'll need it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Glad you had a great time. Yeah, Tobias is like that. He's a great guy (and I'm not saying that thinking that he may read it either :) ). I always come away from Con rip snortin' and ready to rip through text. And then you have to go to the regular job. Sigh. Remember how it feels.

February 18, 2007 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Yes. The information, the friendships, all of it was very energizing. A few lightbulbs went off as well, a couple of 'Ah ha' moments. More on that later.

This week will be difficult, though. School vacation. Gotta hang tough, stay organized, and get things done.

February 18, 2007 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

No, thank YOU.

I'm still wearing my birthday girl badge. Game Master-S noticed it right away and got a good laugh.

See you next time...

February 18, 2007 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Yes, everything seems to be okay. I copied posts and comments to a text file just in case but it seems to be for naught.

And what do we get for all this trauma and teeth gnashing? Key words , "security", and a bunch of Google stuff to jam into our blog posts.

Gee. Thanks. If I wanted all that, I'd blog on Livejournal.

February 20, 2007 at 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from the West Coast. I was so caught up in our own Southern California Writers' Conference this past weekend, I didn't realize it was the same weekend as Boskone.

Sounds like you had a good time, and learned at least one thing ... That, for my money = Successful Conference.

I was fretting my own work world re-entry. It was eased by cracking a bottle of champagne Sunday night to celebrate taking my writer self seriously, and also writing ANYTHING the next day. I hope something like that works for you all.

Plus, I emailed a keynote speaker (Barry Eisler) how much I appreciated his comments and enthusiasm for writing. He emailed me back in LESS than an hour. And thanked me for my note. How cool is that?

Rick O

February 20, 2007 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

That's pretty cool Rick. Eisler has some really great info on self promotion on his web site.

February 21, 2007 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home