Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Pardon Our Appearance ...


Sorry for the delay in posting.

So, hurray and huzzah for both Littlebird Blue and myself had stories accepted in the Sporty Spec anthology! Very cool.

The reason for my absence was a family vacation down to D.C., Virginia, and the Bronx (long story). It was quite a trip. We had a list of must-see sites. Having been down there many times over the years, I had just one goal: the Library of Congress.

My adventure is chronicled in the book link above. Even if I didn't have time to browse, I absolutely had to have an LOC library card:

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

You know you're a library junkie when you collect library cards. Just sayin' this as someone who carries three myself (for the different systems I use).

July 3, 2007 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

My dream is to be able to borrow a book from anywhere in the country. I suppose with inter-library loan it is technically possible.

July 3, 2007 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Woot! Congrats to both you and Miss Blue!

Now I have to read about why the Bronx was such an important part of your family vacation. I have family there (although yours truly was born in White Plains), and I can't imagine wanting to go anywhere near there! LOL

July 3, 2007 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

I was waiting to announce your Sporty acceptance until after you had done so. I didn't want to tarnish your thunder (how's that for a mixer?)

July 3, 2007 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

O, and thanks, Cheryl!

July 3, 2007 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Thanks Cheryl! The trip back north had a scheduled stop to see my wife's cousins who live in the Bronx.

After 4 hours in traffic trying to get to the George Washington Bridge, we missed a turn for one of the parkways. Instead, had to go through some run down neighborhoods. I wasn't too concerned, but we were obviously out of place for a dozen blocks or so.

July 3, 2007 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

LBB: Shaken, not stirred. Oh, not that kind of mixer?

July 3, 2007 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home