Friday, October 26, 2007

Go Time ...

I meant to get the small/indie publishers list up by now, but time has been lacking to do proper research. Plus, National Novel Writing Month is five days away. Extraneous tasks need to be dropped. Time wasting activities need to be eliminated.

Last May I went through a process to become more productive. Let's take a look at the list.

1. No Red Sox Games.
Well, that was just for the month of May. The World Series will be over by November 2nd. There is college hockey, however. So I'll refrain from checking scores in November.

2. Check e-mail once a day.
I failed miserably before. It's addictive. And really, even though I just checked it, someone might have sent a message several seconds ago!

I'll try to commit to no e-mail between 9 - 5.

3. Stop checking the stat counter.
I gave that up cold turkey. Well, reduced it to once a month as part of overall web maintenance.

4. No Library Books.
All the books have been returned. No distractions. No magazines. No quick reads.

5. No games.
This time it's quite silly. The game 'Hearts' is installed on my computer. I know, it's only a step away from solitaire. But I'm up to a winning stat of 32%. I've got it on the run.

No more games.

6. Reduce the guilt pile.
I don't have many other books waiting to be read. The only book I'll open in November is that damn Pynchon novel which requires a kind of marathon reading effort.

7. Reduce blog browsing.
I had moved most of my blog bookmarks to the blog page. I'll go a step further. No web surfing until 11 pm. Er, 10 pm. No, no, 11. Definitely 11 pm.

10:30

8. Hiatus from critiquing.
I haven't done any critiquing in a while so no danger there.

Okay, looking good. Five more days to get the house in order, stock up on microwaveable meals, and dive in.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with NaNo!

October 26, 2007 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Thanks! Same to you as well, Cheryl.

October 26, 2007 at 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you aught5 on NaNo? I couldn't find you to buddy you. How about a link to your profile so I can?

October 27, 2007 at 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

never mind! I send you a message, so it let me pull up your profile.

October 27, 2007 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Ah, good thinking. I couldn't figure how to do that without the author lookup they disabled.

October 27, 2007 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Wow! You guys are serious. Good luck to any and all NaNomers.

October 28, 2007 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home