Monday, June 18, 2007

Summertime, Hold the Blues ...


Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter - That's how I rank them (and I'd take an extended fall and spring over winter any time). Not technically summer yet, but we're past Memorial Day, school is out, the weather is warm-to-hot, so let's call it summer and declare victory.

Summer. Time to relax a bit. Slow down. Chill out. Vacations. Swimming. Fun. Family. Friends. And books!

Plenty of time for reading, right? Heh.

To be honest, I don't have a single clear day on the calendar until mid-August, and I expect there will be scribbles on those 'empty' days before the end. But I will make time for writing. And reading. I hope you will as well.

Because there is a new contest over on my website. All you have to do is read. And send me an e-mail.

---
p.s. Double tagged by LBB and Steve:

"If there are one or more people on your friends list who make your world a better place just because they exist, and whom you would not have met (in real life or not) without the internet, then post this same sentence in your journal."

4 Comments:

Blogger Camille Alexa said...

Well, Susan at West of Mars is running her own summer reading contest. What did you say about Critters? "You have to pay to play"?

I've read nothing elective lately, but I greatly admire you for the donation idea.

June 19, 2007 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Yikes! It's like a 10-step program over there. ;-)

I'm going by the honor system. If anyone is desperate enough to lie about reading in order to get my wonderful prize, well they must really, really, really need it.

June 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

DO you include non-published novels (I've got one for my writers group and one for a friend)?

And I hear ya. I intentionally don't plan yard work (although it's there and needs done) just to get "free days." Which, even with that, now won't happen until July sometime. And I'm waiting for quotes on some work which will probably happen over the weekends, again soaking up time.

I actually find that I get more freetime after Halloween and befor Christmas than I have all summer.

June 20, 2007 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Sure, Steve. Sounds like that might be more work than reading a published book (assuming you are giving them some feedback).

Just let me know it's unpublished, lest the teeming throngs that visit my web site (is two people a throng?) try to find the title.

June 20, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home