Saturday, March 01, 2008

Bunch 'O Stuff

Contest
Congrats to Ken for winning the winter 2008 contest! And thanks to everyone who participated.

Goals
In February, I did have fun at Boskone. Didn't come close to completing a second draft of my book, but then that was an insanely ambitious target.

I did read through the first, crappy draft and made notes about how terrible it was. So for March:
~ Complete half of second draft of novel.

Everything else will be gravy.

Fun
I must have been in a strange mood because I laughed out loud for a full five minutes at the link below, tears and everything. Now it seems ... well, I won't spoil it. Garfield minus Garfield.

More fun is La Blogotheque. The videos feature musicians/bands performing impromptu while wandering streets, apartment buildings, subways, etc.

A word of warning, the main page of videos is huge, potentially browser crippling. Also, I couldn't get the video of The Ex (perhaps the best of the bunch IMHO) to play in Firefox; had to switch to IE. Extra points to the drummer of Malajube for creative use of the streetscape.

3 Comments:

Blogger L.A. Mitchell said...

I'm always more ambitious with my goals than I can possibly achieve, too. It's not like we forget life interferes and are incapable of calculating ahead for it. These goals are more about the prolific writer we envision ourselves than reality.

Todd, absolutely keep me on the list. I'd really like to read your short story, too. Need to order.

March 1, 2008 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Yeah Ken!

And a double plus yeah to having fun with other cool people.

March 1, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

These goals are more about the prolific writer we envision ourselves than reality.

I like that.

Thanks for commenting cool people!

March 2, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home