Friday, April 04, 2008

Rockin' Robin

Last Book Read: Cosmos Latinos, Andrea M. Bell and Yolanda Molina-Gavilán, editors

The robins are here along with spring. All is right with the world.

March Wrapup
Actually, let's just stipulate that March was less than stellar. April is a back to basics, no fooling, straight edge, brass tacks month.

Fiction
Not mine. Rhonda S. Garcia is an acquaintance through the OWW SFF site. Her story, Douen Mother appeared in Abyss & Apex a few years ago. But, still a good read if you haven't seen it.

In the current issue of Farrago's Wainscot is the very amusing She Has A Nice Personality by E.C. Myers.

Also in that issue is Flowertongue, an excellent tale of Victorian orchid hunters, by Jessica Reisman.

Finally, if you happen to be in Boston on April 12, stop by Pandemonium Books at 2 pm. You will find some of the authors of Desolate Places on hand to autograph and discuss the anthology.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Tweet, tweet.

The robins are back here as well. And just like some authors I know, the gold finches are sloughing off their dusky coats making their way to lemon drops. And today we had some windows open (we did have to turn off the heat, though, as it's not that warm outside).

Hope you have fun at the signing.

April 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Gold finches are rare in my yard. More common: red wing blackbirds, grackles, cardinals, blue jays. Well, the blue jays never left.

April 7, 2008 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger L.A. Mitchell said...

March is so in-between for me. April is much more decisive. I'll check out these online stories--thanks for the heads up :)

April 7, 2008 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

I'm almost all the way through my copy of Desolate Places. I often wish I could play with the Eastcoast kids.

April 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

They are great reading, LA.


I have my very own copy of Desolate Places now. If little birds can't fly east, I guess I'll have to bring it west to get autographed.

April 12, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home