Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This Ain't No Foolin' Around ...


#5 - Uninstall 'Full Tilt Poker'

I don't even play Texas hold'em that much (or that well, and not for real money!). Full Tilt Poker is actually a stand-in for another online game I play more frequently but don't want to admit what it is. It's not something cool like Second Life or a horrendously addictive time-suck like WoW. Just a sports simulator, sort of.

Anyway, I'm pledging to cut down to twice a week. I had thought about a) eliminating the game completely and b) putting it higher on the list of time-savers. But the point of this experiment is to make changes gradually, build on success, and create new habits (write, write, write!)

As I thought about giving up all this stuff, I thought I'd need a little fix to hang onto for a while. So I put this one further down the list. And cold turkey isn't going to fly (get it? turkey? fly?). Remember: "All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy".

If I fall off the wagon I will out the game-which-shall-not-be-named.

Progress so far: Really, really good, except for e-mail. What can I say, I'm weak.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Wow, you ain't foolin' around. Giving up video games, big step. I still have some games on my laptop, but I don't think I've fired them up for several months now. I have to admit that I have shopped for games (I like RPGs), but really, $50 for a game that's 5 years old, I don't think so. At least here my cheapness is my savior.

May 22, 2007 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

I hear you, Steve. If my computer weren't 8 years old, I'd be in big trouble. There are some really, really cool online games out there, a lot of them free as well. Right now they won't run on my desktop.

May 22, 2007 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

I'm sooo glad I packed away the Age of Empires expansion stuff. May it stay lost in the moving boxes.

May 22, 2007 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Wow, LBB. That game looks complicated. Then again, any RPG with more depth than Risk is beyond me.

May 22, 2007 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home