Thursday, May 24, 2007

This ain't no mudd club ...

#6 - Reduce the guilt pile.

Sixteen books sat on the night stand next to my bed. Some had been gathering dust since last fall. Several titles were more of a temptation than others. Time to cull the pile, move the cruft to a better place (shelves or the donation bag), and prioritize the books that remained.

Now there are eight left, with the library books on top. I don't think this will save me any time, but I feel better. More organized. More focused. And soon, I'll stop sneezing from the dust.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

I put mine in a box. Okay, two boxes were required. That way they're easier to dust and their voices are muted. They no longer wake me in the middle of the night begging to play canasta.

May 24, 2007 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Todd Wheeler said...

Heh. Very good. I can hear them, like Senor Wences. S'alright!

May 25, 2007 at 6:26 AM  
Blogger Camille Alexa said...

I don't know; if they're answering you back from the boxes (a la Señor Wences), maybe more drastic measures are required.

May 25, 2007 at 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Books belong on shelves, Steve!

If you must silence them with glass doors, so be it. I long for a home library with glass-front doors. No dusting!

May 25, 2007 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Cheryl,
That's why I'm learning woodworking. This weekend I was supposed to be doing a built-in series of shelves in the office. Because of work, I didn't get to the launch point, so I'm busy catching up on other work (which involves drawing nekkid pregnant ladies, really, I'm getting paid for this, not well, but then I like the person I'm doing the logo for). But between my wife and I we have the equivelant of a small library, in our smallish house. Boxes are the only way to store some of it.

May 27, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home